AntioxidantsThe use of Antioxidants is well recognised in the food and feed Industries to improve products shelf life. Vitablend has extensive experience in the design of Antioxidant solutions that protect the nutritional quality of foods and feeds.
Customized blends with tested performance.
Vitablend offers a range of standard products and is experienced in developing specific tailor made blends for customers based on exacting performance requirements.
Our state of the art equipment enables us to do extensive performance test and provide shelf life estimations for newly developed antioxidant products for specific customers or applications.
Why use Vitablend Antioxidants?
Why use Antioxidants?
- Virtually all foodstuffs containing fats or oils will be susceptible to oxidative rancidity. As this process progresses the sensorial characteristics and nutritional value of the food will deteriorate. The use of Antioxidants effectively delays this process.
- The increasing use of healthier unsaturated fats that are more prone to oxidation means an increased demand for Antioxidants in food products.
Why use Vitablend Antioxidants?
- Vitablend can develop excellent tailor made Antioxidants meeting specific customer demands.
- Vitablend Antioxidants are produced using very high quality standards that relate to very vulnerable consumer groups like infants.
Natural and synthetic Antioxidants
Consumers demand ‘cleaner’ labels whilst retailers demand longer shelf lives. The use of natural Antioxidants such as tocopherols and rosemary extracts can solve these problems simultaneously.
We provide natural mixed tocopherols (E306) Tocoblend® extracted from vegetable oils. In addition we provide unrefined and refined rosemary extracts with very high heat stability up to 200°C.
During the processing of food with a high oil content certain natural Antioxidants can be removed from the oils making the products more susceptible to oxidation. A range of formulated synthetic Antioxidants are available from VItablend to improve the oils natural protection against oxidative degradation and increase the oils shelf life.
We deliver: Butylated Hydroxy Anisole (BHA,E-320) Butylated Hydroxy Toluene (BHT, E-321), Teriary Butyl Hydro Quinone (TBHQ, E-319) and Propyl Gallate (PG, E-310).
Antioxidant Production Process
Full production control
- Track & trace system in every production stage including incoming materials, washing cycles and
equipment like containers, pallets and scales
- Within 4 minutes we can have track & trace reports of our complete production process including products, batches and ingredients.
GMP production environment
- Coated flours and walls and hygienic environment.
- Easy production changeover.
- Milling sizes can be adjusted to specifications.
Bag per batch concept
- We can adjust can sizes per batch.
- Different pack sizes: 1 lt , 5 lt, 20 lt for Antioxidant blends.
- We use different test methods for performance testing like:
Rancimat, Oxipres, Shelf life prediction, Classical test, Peroxide Value, Ansidine Value
Video production process
Watch our video for an impression of our Premix and Antioxidant production processes.
Quality antioxidants products
Some more information about our quality systems, quality control and our certifcates can be found under Quality.
Making BHA easier to useBHA is a powerful antioxidant but because of its low melting point it tends to harden on storage. Vitablend offers alternative approaches to improve the handleability of BHA.
Natural antioxidants for pet food ingredientsAn antioxidant portfolio for improving the shelf life and palatability of pet food ingredients using label friendly ingredients such as tocopherols (Vitamin E) and natural flavour extracts.
Infant formula stability
Vitablend improves the stability of infant milk formulas to oxidation through the use of synergistic tocopherol-ascorbyl palmitate blends that are easily dosed into the oil blend prior to spray drying.