Antioxidants in feed fats
Feed fats are essential in animal nutrition for animal performance and productivity. Oxidation of these fats can affect animal average daily weight gain, feed intake, and feed efficiency. Antioxidants delay the oxidation and preserve the quality of fats. Vitablend offers a wide range of antioxidant systems, both traditional and natural, adjusted by the degree of the fats’ oxidative instability.
Discover our Antioxidant systems for Feed fats
Traditional synthetic antioxidants
Antioxidant compounds used for feed fats.
- BHA – authorized for all species (except cats).
- BHT – authorized for all species.
- Propyl Gallate – authorized for all species.
- Ascorbyl palmitate – authorized for all species.
Natural and vitamin-based antioxidants
For clean-label or organic feed fats.
- Natural Tocopherols, non-GM. Can be used in Organic feed systems.
- Rosemary extracts – low odor.
- Plant botanicals – e.g., Green Tea (low caffeine), Gallates, and other natural compounds.
- Vitamin E – natural and synthetic.
- Vitamin C.